Anand surprises Tiruvannamalai residents

There was one thing I deeply hated about the B Tech degree to which I was wedded for a whopping two lakh rupees. It was the bachelor in it. I don’t know when I will part with the degree. But when I do, I am sure that I will be parting with a rib in my life.

The new options in my life have been funnily serious and seriously funny

Now coming back to my life for the past three weeks, it has been really tiring, too many places to visit and too many people to meet. Right from the day I started calling myself a celebrity, life hasn’t been that easy. Not easy at all. I was never able to make public appearances. I got irritated finding flashes of camera light around me. Don’t ask me, “Why you called yourself a celebrity?” Answer is so simple. Others didn’t.

But then, I was last spotted in Landmark, Chennai on 16th June, 2009 and then in Tiruvannamalai on 20th of June, 2009.

In Tiruvannamalai, as I was busy lighting a vilakku, I begrimed my fingers due to the carbon pigments in it. With intent of cleaning them, I rubbed my fingers against one of the temple pillars. Believe me, I found twenty three followers rubbing their fingers reckoning it to be a mode of worship. “Celebrities do have followers”, I cheekily told myself.

I was impressed by the crowd at both these places. If there was one thing that I loved about the people who flooded in to take a look at their heart throbbing hero, it was their patience. In spite of finding me amidst them, they never bothered to get an autograph from me.

They deeply valued my personal space. To tell the truth, I didn’t bother their presence and they didn’t bother mine. Got the hint? Thank you.

Anand Sathyanarayanan | India's Funniest Blogger | Software Professional | Social Media Enthusiast And I saw my mother nudging me from behind. “Anand, pray sincerely, because if god shuts one door, he will open the other”, she said. It deeply reminded me of the watch man, who let me in at Ascendas Technology Park, days back.

When I told my friends about my pilgrimage, one of my friends, Arun asked me, “Anand, who is your favorite deity?”

For one second my thoughts roamed in the non-existent streets of heaven, thinking about Bramha, Vishnu, Shiva and when it came back, I asked myself, “Do Rambha, Urvasi and Menaka come under the category called deity?”


Related Posts

26 Responses:

Harini said...

Do you remember the number of times you begged me for your photograph?

Anand said...

@Harini

Total damage!!

Anonymous said...

hmm sounds .........u r gonna hit the doors of best blogger price!!

Benny said...

Anand,
Well written da..U might be a "nobody" today,but surely you will become a "somebody" tomorrow! maybe,even as a celebrity which u aspire to be;-) All d best Anand..If u continue with this quality of writing,I'm sure u are going to be a celebrity in d blogger space pretty soon:)

Swatantra said...

Good luck!!

Nethra A said...

by the way what is vilakku?
Nice thought flow...even I didn't enjoy my engineering subjects but college days were too good.
Do write more...

Anand said...

@Nethra,

A pair of pious lamp used in worship. Thanks for dropping by. Keep visiting.

Anand said...

@Nethra,

You didnt get my joke on line 1. Ask one of your friends to read and ask them what it said.

homaesh said...

ha..ha... u have started to think little big on humors man..!! humors in previous blogs would look little silly for people in your age... but not from this one i think... saying just my view.
however, good work... keep going!!!

Anand said...

@homaesh,

Thanks amigo.

think a minute said...

good blog.most of the students think the same way i dont know about others but i think in d same way

The Vitruvian Boy said...

he he....
India is really diversified in culture...
Most people wonder what to do and what not to do inside a temple....

and they end up following what other do......

Very very nice post...
enjoyed reading it.... :) keep posting...

Manju said...

Awesome bro.. You write really well..

Sudhir Kekre said...

Hi Anand,
very funny.:P
in your words its seriously funny.

Anand said...

Hi Sudhir Kekre,

Exactly right Mister. Thanks for dropping by.

Venki said...

Do a masters' and you wont be a bachelor any more.

Rohit said...

hey nice one ..enjoyed reading it..

Jaidev said...

Cool buddy! There is always a humorous way to look at any situation in our lives!

Neha said...

quite an impressive post anand...ur blog was a pleasant visit i must say...keep up the good work...

Anand said...

@Jaidev,

Yes Jaidev, there is way and your weblog was awesome.

@Neha,

Thanks for coming back to my blog. I would call it "getting back lost ground"

Anonymous said...

You must write a book someday on yourself

Anonymous said...

not trying to be a douche, but dude, you seriously need lessons in english grammar.

Anand said...

Yes. Yes. My English teacher regularly went on leave.

Anonymous said...

That's because Anand's gaze made her sick too often...

Fallen Angel said...

Excellent , this post managed to stir some funny waves . :-)

Also, thanks for s hearty welcome.

Roopini said...

Hey this post of yours is great. You will be a celebrity as you wish to be and people coming around to get autographs from you! Good luck. You have a good flair in writing,Anand. Keep it up. Adding nice humor when its needed. Awesome. Keep posting :)

Post a Comment

Add your comments below.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic.

Drop the love letters via mail. Don't spam here.